Wednesday, July 14, 2021 | 1:00–3:00 p.m. (Central US Time)
Antony Williams—US Environmental Protection Agency
Zoom Details: Will be emailed to registrants on the morning of the session
HOW TO PLACE YOUR RESEARCH QUESTIONS OR RESULTS
INTO THE CONTEXT OF THE “LEGACY” TOXICOLOGY DATA?
Chemicals/structures/properties; ToxRefDB, ToxValue, etc.
- An introduction to the dashboard
- Substances vs structures
- Structure formats for data exchange and connectivity (SMILES, InChIs, molfiles)
- Identifiers – CASRN, chemical names, systematic names
- Data curation approaches: substance-structure ambiguity
- ChemReg: substance registration
- Data gathering for systematic reviews
- Curated lists
- Properties/Fate and Transport
- Access to Exposure Data
- Hazard data in the dashboard – ToxVal data (sourced from >40 databases, >50,000 chemicals, >900,000 data points)
- Access to in vitro bioactivity data (ToxCast/Tox21)
- The Executive Summary of data
- Single chemical searches vs Batch searches
- Specific examples – disinfectant by-products,
- Approaches to “prioritizing” a set of chemicals
Post about the series on social media and use this hashtag!